Your WordPress website is an important part of your business that works for you 24/7! A good website helps you find customers, build credibility, showcase your offering, learn more about your audience, and grow your business. Using a customer experience automation platform like ActiveCampaign helps you supercharge your efforts and make the most of your online presence with smarter, more targeted marketing promotions. Here’s how (and why) to integrate ActiveCampaign with your WordPress website.
What is ActiveCampaign?
ActiveCampaign* is a customer experience automation platform that helps businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers. It does this by combining customer relationship management (CRM), email marketing, marketing automation, and machine learning to automate many behind-the-scenes marketing, sales, and support processes. ActiveCampaign’s hundreds of pre-built automations allow you to orchestrate the right actions at the right time and take advantage of powerful segmentation and personalization.
*Note that the link above is an affiliate link; if you happen to sign up for ActiveCampaign after clicking it, we will receive a small commission. But that’s not why we promote this platform over all of its competitors. We truly believe it’s the best.
What you can do with ActiveCampaign installed on your website
- Use site tracking to track visits to your site
- Track page visits of identified contacts and use this information to trigger customized, automated workflows
- Attribute sales and conversions to site visitors so you can truly understand the impact of your marketing efforts
- Publish ActiveCampaign forms to any post, page, or sidebar
- Drive the right traffic to your website by using these forms to help identify customers who are ready to buy
- Send automated emails to customers who still need a little nurturing
- Keep your visitors engaged by creating automated email nurture streams that direct people to the kind of content they’re interested in
- Use ActiveCampaign’s contact page records to see interactions with individual contacts
How to integrate ActiveCampaign with WordPress
Before you start on this step, you’ll need to set up an ActiveCampaign account if you don’t have one already. ActiveCampaign integrates with WordPress via a plugin which connects your ActiveCampaign account to your WordPress site.
How to install the ActiveCampaign WordPress plugin
- Log into your WordPress website
- Click “Plugins” in the dashboard sidebar
- Click “Add New”
- You’ll see a list of plugins. You can use the search function to locate “ActiveCampaign – Forms, Site Tracking, Live Chat”
- Click “Install Now”
Once you’ve downloaded the plugin, you’ll need to connect your ActiveCampaign account to your WordPress account via the ActiveCampaign plugin settings page in WordPress.
Is there a free version of ActiveCampaign?
No, but you can request a free demo or try a 14-day trial.
Is it worth getting ActiveCampaign on my WordPress website?
ActiveCampaign is user-friendly, intuitive, and provides extremely valuable data. But, like any platform, you get out what you put in. It’s up to you to use the information ActiveCampaign provides to set your targeted marketing efforts in motion. The good news is that once you have set up your account and your automations, ActiveCampaign takes care of the rest. However, you’ll still want to keep your automations fresh and relevant and ensure that you’re offering the best possible experience for customers and potential customers. You can also use the data ActiveCampaign has collected to inform your marketing strategy and future efforts.
If all of this sounds a bit too hectic for you right now, we get that. That’s why we’re here to help you use tools like ActiveCampaign to enhance your business’ reputation, create top-of-mind awareness, nurture leads, and create loyal customers. Schedule a session with our team to learn more about how Brighter Messaging can use the power of marketing technology to help you deliver on your business goals.